You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers! Our experts are here to help.
Why can I see the wefting or stitching?
On some lightweight styles and lighter colored fibers - the wefting may be visible when holding the piece or when placed on a light mannequinn head. However, once the piece is fitted – it is no longer evident. We recommend trying the piece on with an appropriate color wig cap to see the difference.
How do I wash a synthetic fiber wig or hairpiece?
- Wig comb or brush
- Wig stand
- Large bowl or wash basin
- Cool or lukewarm water NEVER USE HOT WATER
- Clean absorbent towel
- First lightly brush out the wig to loosen debris and tangles
- Fill the basin with cool or lukewarm water until the level is high enough to completely submerge the piece
- Add Phase I Cleanser to the water - 1oz per quart of water
- Place the piece into the solution so that it is completely submerged
- Let the piece soak for up to 5 minutes, depending on degree of soiling
- GENTLY agitate the piece while in the solution. Don't rub
- Either rinse the piece under a faucet or refill the basin with clean water and rinse until all solution is washed out - USE COLD WATER ONLY
- Place the piece on the side of the bowl or basin for a few minutes to allow drainage of excess water or Place the piece on a towel on a flat surface and gently pat dry to pick up excess moisture
- Hang the piece on a wig stand and allow to fully dry at room temperature